Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Thought of the Day

I support Barak Obama without excepting to solve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. The Arab governments are useless and the Israeli government is extremist and anti-peace. Still, Obama makes life easier for me. After eight nightmarish years of George W Bush I can support American policies or politicians as the good intentions, if not the results, towards the rest of the world, are there. Under Bush I criticized all and everything with the exception of the State Department. I needed to keep one line open to the adminstration as I valued contacts for a working journalist. Some readers thought I had a crush on Condolezza Rice. I didn't.
I don't expect President Obama to solve problems of the presence of poverty and the absence of democracy and freedom in the Arab world. But I keenly hope that he would prove me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home